Love running? Love to talk about running all day long? Excited to help others find their running gear? Perhaps you should apply to be a part-time sales associate! More details about the position and how to apply can be found below.
The first of its kind in the region, Cowichan Valley Running provides shoes, apparel, and accessories for all runners, while cultivating and connecting the running community in the Cowichan Valley.
Cowichan Valley Running is currently accepting applications for one part-time Sales Associate. The successful candidate will be a passionate, self motivated individual and will provide exceptional customer service to customers and share their love of running with them.
The Sales Associate will:
- display a customer-comes-first attitude to ensure that customer loyalty is built and maintained
- appropriately assess customers gait, and properly fit footwear for their specific activities
- resolve customer issues effectively in a timely and positive manner
- perform point of sales transactions and merchandising tasks
- keep informed on all product and service updates
- ensure store is visually appealing through product presentation, replenishment, store housekeeping, and store maintenance
- adhere to all loss prevention policies
The successful candidate will:
- have a passion for running and/or athletics in general
- have some retail experience, preferably in footwear or apparel
- demonstrate ability to develop relationships with customers
- have experience with understanding retail operation concepts, such as maintaining store standards, cash handling, and merchandises presentation
- be a self-starter who works well both alone and with others
- be upbeat, optimistic, passionate, and friendly
- have the ability to understand the needs of the customer
- be able to equally represent all products offered, without showing bias to any one brand
Due to Cowichan Valley Running’s lease agreement with the South Cowichan Community Policing Society, the successful candidate must have a criminal record check performed prior to their first shift.
Start date: March 2018
Hours: Flexible hours, with most shifts on Saturdays between 10 AM and 5 PM. Potential for more as the company grows.
To apply, email resume and cover letter to email@example.com by February 16, 2018.
We thank all who express interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.